Tuesday, 9 April 2013

FORM WITHOUT CONTENT

I REALLY want to write some songs. I do. But I need something to write about. 

For this project, I really don't want to write songs that sound like something you could hear on the radio. Where's the distinctiveness in that? The problem is, I just can't seem to channel that "I don't know what the hell these lyrics mean but they sound so cool" vibe that you get from some interesting songwriters. Additionally, I don't think I'm philosophical enough to come up with some deep, meaningful and lyrical comment on the human psyche. 

What's left then? I could do a stream of consciousness thing. But then again, are my thoughts that fascinating? Perhaps a parody of typical popular songs. That could be fun, although it's been done to death on YouTube. 

Sigh.

Okay, time to start listening to some good/intriguing/unique lyrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment