Tuesday, 16 April 2013

CONVERSATION NO. 1

WHEN I attempt to contemplate my project (and most assignments in general for that matter), my brain tends to switch off, overwhelmed by the pressure of coming up with something amazing. I've found that when I don't force myself to think about it and just let it come naturally, I have the most lucid ideas. Here are some (disjointed) lyrics I came up with when walking around the house:


That was...

It broke.
What do you mean it broke?
What do you mean what do I mean it broke? It broke, it ripped, it tore in half, oh my god, what do we do?
Now that’s okay, everything is fine, we’ll find a way, to work this out. 
Okay, okay, no that’s not okay. How can we fix this? (add something here)

Wait a minute, what are you worried about? This is why you started taking the pill, to never feel this doubt.
Obviously you weren't listening when I told you I skipped it yesterday. Remember I had that interview in the morning, and by the time I remembered it was too late.
Oh. Oh, how did that go anyway?
So now you decide to ask?
Look, I’m sorry, you know I’ve had a lot going on lately. Work's been hard and mum's still sick and I just keep forgetting things.
I know, it's okay. It actually went well. But that's not important right now! (add more) 

You’re not the one that has to live with the consequences.
Now hold on, of course I do! We’re in this together now, don’t you know how much I care about you?
Well thank you. But that isn’t gonna help. We need a plan and we need one now.
Why don’t you just take the morning after pill? 
Does that work if you're already on the pill? Isn't that bad for you or soemthing?
I don't really know. Wait, I'll Google it. (add more here)

So now that everything’s sorted, and our plan makes sense,  I just have another question, do you wanna go again?

This is a conversation between a couple who have just finished having sex and realised that their condom has broken. I haven't included who's saying what, because my final piece will be devoid of labels and it seemed fitting to reflect that here. However, for the purposes of the reader of this blog distinguishing between the characters, I will tell you that the male character begins starts every paragraph except the third, and then each new line symbolises a change in character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment