Thursday, 18 April 2013

A CONCEPT UNCOVERED

WHEN looking over my "Setting and Sound" post, I realised that there is a common theme in each of my songs, which is the deeply-rooted integration of technology in our lives. All the conversations feature an aspect of technology; the mobiles and internet access in Song 1, the ECG in Song 2 and the television left on in Song 3. 

Even when we are speaking to people in real life and having face to face conversations, we are constantly surrounded and bombarded by technology; from the phones vibrating in our pockets, to the laptops and tablets on our laps, to the radio sounds in stores and cars, to the constant hum of the family television. The more we become immersed into the virtual worlds, the more they effect our daily interactions in reality. 

I'm really pleased that this concept has revealed itself because I feel like it gives my work another layer and now I am able to explore it more within the three songs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment