Wednesday, 17 April 2013

COMPARISON

I've been keeping in mind the idea of balance and contrast amongst my songs, in terms of characters, structure, sounds and overall tone.

Song 1:
  • Male character (late teen/early twenties), female character (teen/early twenties).
  • Equal amount of dialogue.
  • Lovemaking at beginning (and end?), radio sounds, mobile phone noises.
  • Comedic, naive.

Song 2:
  • Female character (early/mid twenties), male character (thirties).
  • Mostly one-sided conversation.
  • Hospital noises, beeps, emergency. 
  • Mournful, tragic.

Song 3:
  • Female character (late twenties), female character (late forties/early fifties).
  • Equal amount of dialogue.
  • Television noises interspersing conversation.
  • Comedic, heartfelt. 

I'm quite happy with the range of elements in the songs and I don't mind that it's female dominated, because, well, I'm a female who likes writing about women. 

Now let's see if I can put all this design into practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment